Welding / Joining
Precision Weld Practices for KSM Metal Bellows
WHAT IS CRITICAL?
The manufacturing of our Bellows and KSM Specialty Heater Elements requires expertise and process knowledge in many disciplines, including Machining, Stamping, HT/ Vac Brazing & Cleaning; but the most critical is WELDING.
This is accomplished by our internal Weld Team of Process & QA Engineers, Welding Operators, and Tooling/Maintenance Technicians in ISO 6 [Class 1000] controlled conditions.
KSM has developed our own designed proprietary welding equipment specifically for the joining of all types of thin-gauge metal alloys.
This automated equipment is pre-programmed for each part number and process to minimize operator error and ensure perfect welds. A unique feature of these machines is their real-time 360-degree weld seam tracking that ensures all welds are within the design and SPC tolerance.
Leak-Tight Hermetic Joining | WHAT DIFFERIENTIATES KSM'S WELDING?
KSM processing of thin gauge welded metal bellows and related assemblies require:
- Ability to join dissimilar materials
- Process knowledge of the proper cleaning and welding characteristics of all special materials required in high-temp and corrosive environments: ie. SST, Titanium & Nickle -based alloys
- Mastery of all types of welding, so that the best and most cost-effective process can be used
- Housing of a fully stocked humidity & temp controlled material (PMI-verified) warehouse INVENTORY
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- LBW - Laser Beam Weld
- GTAW - Gas Tungsten Arc Weld
- EBW - Electron Beam Weld
- MIG - Metal Inert Gas [Robotic]
- OBT - Orbital Tube Weld
- PAW - Plasma Arc Weld
- Welding Automation and Robotics reduces process variables and process time
- 100% MST Helium Leak Test verification of all automated joining
- Rock-solid repeatable [frozen process] for precision welds every-time
- Touch-screen programmable settings, instructions, and tracking [Paperless Mfg.]
- Our "Start Clean / Stay Clean" philosophy – ensures the best possible welds and ultra-clean parts (Bellows cleaned before & after welding process)